Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Challenge Day 3

My first love. Sigh, to be young and dumb again ;) Just kidding, sort of.

I was a bit of a late bloomer when it came to dating. I had my first boyfriend when I was 13, but he was not my first love. From then until 17, my first love was soccer. I played it all the time and really didnt have much time for much else.

That all changed when A came around, a soccer playing boy that I fastly became smitten with. He was a year younger than me, which sort of became our downfall. We dated for a year and half, mostly hanging out at home or watching him work on his car, until I went away for college. A didnt think he could do a long distance relationship, so we parted ways. I was heartbroken. My first love had broken my heart. I went away to the University of Kentucky and mended my broken heart with frat parties and girl time. Lo and behold, however, 1 month later, A called and this young foolish girl thought all was forgiven. I finished out the year at school and then transfered to the university back at home. You all have that one thing that you regret? This is mine. I mean, what young woman moves back home for her boyfriend? This one, a very naive young girl back then.

This isnt to say we didnt last. We did, for over 3 more years. We had good time, but sometimes when you meet your first love at 17, it just doesnt last. We ultimately grew apart, wanted different things, and were 2 completely different people than we were at 17. In the end, we broke up on vacation in Florida, with his parents, on.the.first.day. Face Palm. We spent all week avoiding each other while trying not to let his parents on to something. I still think they knew the first day, because I dont really think we were fooling anyone. But at that age, you are smarter than everyone, so we thought we did ;) That was 2004 (I think) and I dont think I have seen or talked to him since. Pretty sad because I really did miss his family, but oh well, I wish him nothing but the best. I think he got married last year, according to a FB friend. Hes a good guy and deserves good things.

I however met my true love about 16 months later and it was a fairy tale ever since. I have always said the reason I knew my husband was the one because our relationship is so easy...hes loves me unconditionally, and I never have to falter in that. Thats what a grown up relationship is all about, and I know that because my first love wasnt really that. Thats what I took away most from that 4 1/2 years of my life!

See you all tomorrow...Parents up next!

0 comments:

web page design

Voting